At Research Psychiatric Center, our psychologists and psychiatrists specialize in helping adults find stability among the different life stresses and problems an individual can face. It is our goal to put our patients on a path toward recovery and a better life.
Adult Treatment Program
Tailored to meet the needs of adults 18 and older suffering from acute emotional or mental disorders, Research Psychiatric Center provides inpatient treatment on both our Adult Treatment Program wing and our Intensive Treatment Unit (ITU) to stabilize individuals experiencing an acute crisis.
The Treatment Mall
The Treatment Mall at Research Psychiatric Center offers adult patients greater ownership in their treatment while building the life skills they need to progress in their recovery.
- Needs-based system which assists the patient in reaching specific treatment goals by allowing patients to attend groups in specialty tracks.
- Tracks include: thought disorders, mood disorders, chemical addiction, trauma, grief, depression, pain and anxiety.
- Unique and separate treatment malls are utilized for our adult population to provide a truly individualized plan of care.
- The group facilitators within our treatment malls are specialized in a variety of areas and utilize different modalities depending on their discipline.
- The group facilitators include Registered Nurses, Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Nutritionists, Art Therapists, Recreational Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Mental Health Counselors.
- The patients leave their unit for the programming each day and attend groups in different areas of the hospital according to a daily individualized schedule.
Adult Intensive Treatment Unit (ITU)
This program is dedicated to rapid stabilization and crisis intervention for adults who need a higher level of monitoring and intervention. With a higher staffing ratio and aggressive medical supervision, patients are able to be discharged home or transferred to a less restrictive setting in 2 to 5 days. Patients in the intensive treatment program have a dedicated, separate unit.
This is a special adult unit utilized for patients needing stabilization that are at a high level of functioning currently. Our Vine Unit offers a retreat for individuals needing a thorough assessment of the stressors in their life and provides immediate care and a psychiatric assessment in a world where getting in with an area psychiatrist can be challenging and offer long wait times. This environment also offers individual and group therapy. Upon discharge, individuals will come away with a full treatment plan that may include Outpatient Programs, medication management and better ways to manage stress.
Electro-Convulsive Therapy (ECT)
Patients using this service arrive early in the morning for pre-procedure preparation and stay in the hospital for approximately four hours, from treatment through recovery. Learn more