When a teen is in distress and having emotional problems, their needs are much different from those of adults. We offer inpatient and outpatient services for teens 12-18 years of age. Working with teens during difficult times requires specialized training and experience.
Our multi-disciplinary team of clinicians provide the care and support teens and their families need to overcome their struggle, provide hope and aid in recovery.
Using collaborative problem solving techniques, done in a safe and respectful manner, we provide comprehensive treatment for:
- Bi Polar
- Suicidal / homicidal thoughts
- Emotional distress
- Self-esteem issues
- Acute psychosis and more
Our acute-care center provides short-term crisis stabilization for teens who need immediate care. Through an intensive therapeutic environment, we help teens return to their homes, communities and schools as soon as possible.
- 24/7 monitoring
- Individualized physician directed treatment plans
- Psychiatrist visit daily
- Safe, secure and structured environment
- Discharge planner for continuum of care
- Diagnostic evaluations
- Medication evaluation and management
- Post discharge wellness checks
- Nutrition counseling
- Pharmacy counseling
- Family therapy
- Psycho-educational groups
- Art and recreational therapy
Hospital Based Treatment Options
Hospital-based services include short-term, acute care inpatient hospitalization as well as Day Treatment programs. Staying in the hospital can be a daunting experience for a teenager. That’s why we make every effort to provide a structured, therapeutic, and safe environment in a caring atmosphere.
- Adolescent Unit (ages 12 - 18)
- The adolescent program focuses on providing a safe environment for the adolescent to recognize and address potential underlying emotional issues which often are manifested by depression, anger, stress or low self-esteem.
- Our goal is to educate young people and their families about alternative coping strategies as well as ways to regain a sense of stability and self-sufficiency in their lives.
These programs provide effective options for the patient who urgently needs daily treatment without the need for 24-hour care. In addition, the partial, or “day” programs, can ease the transition from acute inpatient care to home or family.
The Partial Hospitalization Program is designed to assist teens whose emotional and/or behavioral problems are impacting their ability to function at their optimum level at home and/or school. This program offers the adolescent all of the intensive treatment available as an inpatient, but the adolescent goes home every afternoon. They get intensive therapy, and learn the coping skills needed to deal with day-to-day situations.
Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Program
This Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Program provides an intermediate level of care for teens ages 12 – 18, with needs too complex for individual therapy alone, but who don’t need inpatient care.
This program is led by an experienced, interdisciplinary team that integrates evidence-based clinical programming to provide adolescents with new tools to master the practical challenges of everyday life.
- Psychiatrist evaluation
- Medication management when needed
- Structured group therapy with a licensed clinician 3 evenings weekly
- Family centered participation one evening weekly
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Interpersonal effectiveness skills building
- Behavioral life skills training
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Research Medical Center Brookside Campus 6675 Holmes Road, Suite 203, Park in Lot C, Kansas City, MO 64131
Call 844-207-4511 to schedule an appointment for an assessment.