The primary goal of the program is to offer individualized stabilization and trauma processing in a safe and therapeutic environment. The Treatment Team includes Professional Counselors, Clinical Social Workers, Psychiatrists, Registered Nurses, Mental Health Technicians, Dietitians, Expressive Therapists, Yoga Teachers, and Outpatient Providers. Various individual and group therapy interventions may be utilized including:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Expressive therapies – art, music, dance/movement, yoga and more
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing
- Exposure therapies
- Motivational interviewing
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy
Research Psychiatric Center’s Journey Program offers a confidential screening to determine what services would be right for you or your loved one. We also accept direct admissions from psychiatrists and clinicians who have assessed a patient in their office.
To make a referral or get more information about the Journey Program, please call (816) 235-8162.
Free assessments are available 24/7.
Patients experiencing any of the following conditions or behaviors may be appropriate for admission to this program:
- Addictive behaviors
- Attachment issues
- Chronic and acute suicidal ideations
- Depression, anxiety and other mood disorders
- Intrusive thoughts, nightmares, and flashbacks
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Severe emotional dysregulation
- Unmanaged dissociation