For many adults, receiving consistent mental health care unfortunately can take a backseat to the multiple demands and responsibilities of work, family, and also school. As a result, problems that go unaddressed for too long can lead to symptoms which become unmanageable and require hospitalization. One of the advantages of the Vine Unit is that treatment can be initiated and accelerated quickly. Rather than waiting for a follow-up appointment after an initial evaluation, patients can begin actively addressing problems in a sustained manner, learning with and from one another.
Active and intensive therapy program
- Full day of treatment, including group and individual therapy and daily visits with a psychiatrist to discuss medication management.
- Traditional psychoeducation groups are augmented by active approach focusing on experiences in here-and-now, allowing patients to better integrate and practice coping techniques
- Immersive program in group setting quickly brings patients closer together and creates group cohesion.
- Impactful group sessions can be explored further with peers, instead of waiting days or weeks to continue the discussion in an outpatient setting
- Individualized treatment plans target specific, measurable goals that patients can work towards during their time on the unit and after discharge
Relaxed and safe environment
- No aggressive or disruptive behaviors are permitted on the Vine Unit
- Stigmas of inpatient mental health care are quickly neutralized
- Small group sizes allow for more individual attention and participation
- Peers in similar situations help to normalize the process for new admits
- Synthesizes elements of leading, evidence-based approaches such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, and Emotion-Focused Therapy
- Experiential approaches to therapy give patients opportunity to "learn by doing", in addition to more traditional methods
- Holistic programming includes art and recreational therapy, as well as informational sessions with pharmacist
- 24-hour psychiatric care
Here's a sample of what our patients have told us they experience on the Vine Unit:
"The Vine Unit prepared me for life and how to cope. The amount of resources now available to me is tremendous compared to none at admission."
"The approach to treatment using a team model is fantastically effective."
"Our unit was family-oriented. We truly became a family. I will never forget my experience in the Vine Unit; very exceptional service."
"I feel like I have a chance to get my life back because of my treatment here."
"This was a very positive experience that literally saved my life. The staff were so warm and kind. You can tell they have a real passion helping people."
"The amount of resources now available to me is tremendous compared to none at admission."